Senior Performance Engineer(s) - Architect
San Francisco, CA, United States
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept:
Expensify prides itself in solving a real world problem with a team of top notch engineers. Expense reports have long been a burden on the business world and working at Expensify means helping us automate every step of the process from the moment people incur their business expenses to the moment they get reimbursed with money in the bank (and everything in between!).
Joining our team means you will be working in our fast paced environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at Expensify, we make sure our employees are happy. Our most discussed perk is our offshore where we spend a month abroad working from a remote location as a team. This year we went to Portugal. Where do you want to go next?
We’re looking for Senior Performance Engineer(s) – Architect who are passionate about the product they’re building. You will develop, create, and modify general applications software as well as specialized utility programs for internet company creating on-line expense reporting.
As a Senior Performance Engineer – Architect, your responsibilities include:
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Lead the engineering team to scale the current application to handle multiple orders of magnitude for more users, while reducing technical debt and increasing quality and development speed
- Design, plan, and implement large, complex, strategic features including internalization, performance testing, bottleneck analysis, QA automation, and technological migrations
- Work to improve the architecture and technology used in the application to support more and bigger customers
- Improve the tools and process used by the engineering team to release higher quality code at a faster pace
For the best possible fit, we are looking for someone with the following requirements:
- Master’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in CS/EE/CE
- One year of experience working as a Software Engineer, Software Engineer Intern, Computer Programmer, Designer or related occupation
Experience must include: Web application development (frontend and backend development, relational databases); advanced design patterns and data structures; application design, development, deployment, testing, and optimization; Service Oriented Architecture and Micro-Service architectures; working with legacy applications using variable technologies and paradigms; and application of internationalization including: locales, formatting standards, RTL issues, Unicode standards, and management and optimization of translations.
Like what you see? Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of other applications we get from everyone else. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are probably many ways to do that, but the easiest way is to help us out by answering the following questions:
- What's the URL of your website? If you don't have one, why not?
- List any published apps that you have.
- What's your coding history? When did you start, and what have you done between then and now?
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
That's it. Just fill out the form below and hit submit. If you make an honest attempt to answer all the questions, we'll make an honest attempt to reply in a timely fashion. We can't wait to hear from you soon!
Interested candidates send resume to: A. Revelli, JOB #EXPN003, Expensify, Inc., 88 Kearny St. #1600, S.F. CA 94108.
*Position eligible for Employee Referral Program